LOCAL HOUSING DATA
Find the size of the private rented sector in your local authority area (Source: 2011 ONS Census)
1) Go to webpage http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/
2) Enter the name of an area OR full postcode then
3) Select the type of area you need statistics for
4) Click on 'Housing' then
5) Click 'Tenure - Households, 2011 (QS405EW) (2011)' (this is near the bottom of the page)
Local housing databank (Source: Shelter)
1) Go to webpage http://england.shelter.org.uk/professional_resources/housing_databank
The Shelter Housing Databank brings together government data on housing need, supply, affordability and other
issues at a local, regional and national level. You can view the data as a table or graph, or download it for further
Local housing allowance rates for 2013 (Source: VOA) (Housing benefit for the private rented sector)
1) Go to webpage http://www.voa.gov.uk/corporate/RentOfficers/LHARates/april2013lha.html
NATIONAL HOUSING DATA
Private rental market (rent) statistics (Source: VOA)
1) Go to webpage: http://www.voa.gov.uk/corporate/statisticalReleases/PrivateRentalMarketStatistics.html
Statistics on the private rental market for England. The release presents the mean (average), median, lower quartile,
and upper quartile gross monthly rent paid (ignoring any adjustment for services not eligible for housing benefit), for
a number of bedroom/room categories for each Local Authority (LA) in England.
English Housing Survey (Source: DCLG)
1) Go to webpage https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-communities-and-local-government/series/english-housing-survey
The English housing survey is a continuous national survey commissioned by the Department for Communities
and Local Government (DCLG). It collects information about people’s housing circumstances and the condition
and energy efficiency of housing in England.It has 2 component surveys: a household interview and a physical
inspection of a sub sample of the properties.
Annual private landlord survey (Source: DCLG)
1) Go to webpage https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-communities-and-local-government/series/private-landlords-survey
The private landlords survey aims to provide a snapshot of the composition and experience of landlords
and how they (together with any agent) acquire, let, manage and maintain privately rented accommodation.
OTHER HOUSING RELATED TOPICS
Repossession of private rental properties (Source: Ministry of Justice)
This bulletin presents National Statistics on activity in the county, family, magistrates’ and Crown courts of England and Wales.
The figures give a summary overview of the volume of cases dealt with by these courts over time, with statistics also broken down
for the main types of case involved.
1) Go to web page: http://www.justice.gov.uk/statistics/courts-and-sentencing/judicial-quarterly
2) Click on the 'All Tables' link under the 'Statistical tables' heading
3) Open or save the XLS spreadsheet
4) On the spreadsheet under 'Chapter 1 Civil Matters (non family)' click on '1.7 Repossessions of property
by county court bailiffs, by type, England and Wales, 2000 - Q4 2012'
Homelessness statistics (Source: DCLG)
1) Go to web page https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-communities-and-local-government/series/homelessness-statistics
This series contains statistics on statutory homelessness, rough sleeping and homelessness prevention and relief.
Empty homes statistics (Source: Empty Homes Agency)
1) Go to web page http://www.emptyhomes.com/statistics-2/
The data is obtained from council tax information. The data is supplied by owners of empty homes who report their
properties as empty to their council. Councils usually offer exemptions from council tax for empty homes, which gives
an incentive for owners to report thier property as empty.
This page was last updated on 31/3/2013